Can you believe it? Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner! To help celebrate we are running an awesome special on Fajita Meat- $7.00/lb. (Now through Cinco de Mayo)
To make life even easier, here is an awesome recipe for BEEF FAJITA’S that will definitely make your taste buds smile!
1 to 2 lbs. of CBB Fajita Meat
1 onion, sliced
1/2 Green Bell Pepper, 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
1 can of beer (Trust me, this is the ticket!)
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. cilantro
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1/4 vegetable oil or olive oil
Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes- 3 dashes each.
Mix all ingredients together and let marinate for at least 10 minutes, longer is better. Cook over medium heat until desired doneness. Serve with tortillas, cheese, tomatoes, avocados, sour cream or whatever your heart desires. Oh and trust me about adding the beer, my husband thought I was crazy when I made these for him the first time….needless to say he realized it was genius and puts the recipe over the top! This is a great recipe that you can add or subtract to depending on what you like. I hope you enjoy!
Tonight I tried to test my culinary skills and found this AMAZING recipe!
It was easy AND delicious….my kind of recipe! I even created a little YouTube video for your viewing pleasure!
- 2.26 Lb Flank Steak
- 16 oz Spinach
- 7 oz Roasted Peppers
- 4 oz Bleu Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- Start by placing the grain of the flank steak vertically, aka from front to back
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly the flank steak by cutting it from right to left
- Microwave some frozen spinach and drain the liquid
- Slice the roasted red peppers
- Combine remaining ingredients with the spinach and mix
- Spread the mixture over the steak and roll with the grain
- Truss the steak with cotton kitchen twine
- Wrap with Saran wrap and marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Cook at 425 degrees for 35 minutes
- Then broil for 10 minutes, rotating after 5 minutes
- Cover with foil and rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
We enjoyed this with Edemame, a fresh garden salad and a roll. What a way to end a fabulous Tuesday!
I have to give credit to the place I found the recipe, check them out here.
Due to a change in our structure of our program, we won’t be participating in any farmer’s markets this year. We have plenty of the same great product that you are accustomed to purchasing from us here at the home/office. Please feel free to call ahead with your order and make an appointment to pick up your beef – or we may be able to make certain arrangements to meet you or deliver to you. Call ahead: 303-449-8632 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to check out our blog and our products page for specials!
Spring is in the air! We are so excited for the April Specials we are offering!
- Filet Mignon Buy 2, get 1 FREE
- Pikes Peak, Chuck, Rump, Round, Sirloin Roasts-$5.50/lb.
- Whole Strip loin –$11.50/lb.
- Whole Tenderloin$16.00/lb.
- Bone-In/Boneless Prime Rib-$12.50/lb.
Are you looking for a good Easter recipe using Colorado’s Best Beef? Here is a Rib Roast Recipe that looks quite tasty, and very easy! Let us know if you try it!
On another note, Colorado’s Best Beef donated meat for the Farm to Fork Culinary Competition at the State Capitol! The Ag Day celebration lunch served hundreds of people and featured Colorado meat and produce.
Colorado’s Best Beef being used at the Farm to Fork Culinary Competition.
We are always excited to take part in events that help promote agriculture and it’s importance!